His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, March 30, 2012

2 1/2!

For reals! How did this happen? I am pretty sure he is just this tiny little guy...but when I look at him I see all toddler. all boy. all grown up.

So maybe we celebrated half birthdays in my house, and maybe I still demand my parents take me out to dinner on mine. I am pretty sure my parents stopped making a big deal of my half birthday when I was like 5, but continued to humor me with dinner out on my half birthday until I was in college...I mean last December when I turned 25 and a 1/2! It's probably a decision they regret in their parenting. Whatever.

So today was my little man's 1/2 special day! It was a great day indeed. I told him it was his 1/2 birthday and he sang happy birthday to me. He doesn't get it. It's cool. But I made sure to treat him extra special today. Lots of extra hugs and kisses. Special art time with Mommy while Maria was taking her morning nap. And....dinner out at Panera.


So little Mr. Greg will be 3 in 6 months! Holy Cow! A three year old!!! I cannot even wrap my mind around that! AT. ALL. So here is a little update on my sweet little man!

*Greg is tall. Greg is skinny. I don't know the exact numbers...but I will on April 18th when we go to the doctor!
*Greg has all of the teeth he should have at this point and his two eye teeth are super sharp!
*Greg eats pretty much everything, but certainly goes through the toddler stage of some days I eat and some days I don't really want to.
*He wears a size 3T shirt (he has a very long torso) and 2T pants and shorts
*He doesn't wear diapers!!! :-) He wears 2T/3T big boy underwear
*Potty training is going well. He still has an accident here and there. We still have to take him every 30 minutes. He is starting to tell us when he has to go, but not consistently.
*He wears a size 7 1/2 shoe.
*Greg LOVES bath time!
*Greg HATES bed time! HAHA! He just takes 20-40 minutes to fall asleep for the night or naps. Apparently he has to unwind from his busy day!
* Greg loves to read and be read to! :-)
*Greg tries to sings his ABC's. He knows the tune, but misses a letter here and there.
*Greg knows the colors red, blue, green, black, and pink very well.
*Greg can count to 5 great! He can count to 10, but skips 6 and 7!
*Greg loves to be outside and loves to color and play with play doh!
*He talks pretty well and will attempt to repeat any word you ask him to say.
*He does not talk a lot in front of others...like at Kindermusik or on play dates with kids he doesn't see often.
*Greg is a snuggler in the morning!
*Greg's favorite TV shows are Elmo's World on Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse, Baby Einsteins, Chuggington, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates...and his Disney Sing a Long DVDs! He really does not watch too much TV. Maybe 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes after bath before bed!
*His favorite toys: stuffed animals, cars, his trike, anything that plays music
*He still has his blankie! (receiving blankets...not one in particular which is great so he gets a clean one every day) He falls asleep with it and takes it in the car...I don't know how to get rid of it!

(Check out the haircut! FINALLY!)
Greg has such a fun personality! He picks up on EVERYTHING! He pretends so well it amazes me at times! (Maybe because I never knew how to pretend as a child!) He is such a joy and brings so much laughter and happiness into our hearts! We love you little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment