His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, March 22, 2012

13.1 Again!

Seriously, a year ago if someone would have told me that I would have completed two half marathons, I would have been like....I don't think so! But, I did it again! Crazy!

My dad, Heather (my soon to be sister in law), friends (Rebecca, Michelle, and Danielle), myself, and almost 10,000 other runners ran 13.1 last Sunday! My expectations of race day were much different since I had been through it once. I was super excited...and not so nervous! I felt like I knew what I was doing! HA!

This course was HARD! It was soooooo HILLY! My friend, Rebecca, has run several half marathons, and she vowed to never run in Atlanta again! The course was WAY harder than the one we had run in November. The last 3 miles were a steady incline...and this became not so much fun! Although it was difficult, I finished...and did not die!

Crossing the finish line!
I was a little disappointed in my time. I ran my first half in 2 hrs 14 min, and I ran this one in 2 hours 19 min. I know that the course was harder, and I did not commit to training the way I had in November. Between sick babies, a trip to New Orleans, potty training, me being sick...running my distance runs just did not really happen this go around!

Always look happy for the camera!
So what's next? Another half! I am kind of addicted to race day! :-) I want to venture out of Atlanta and maybe do Savannah in November! We shall see! :-) I really have high hopes of doing it in 2 hours or less! My dad was a rock star and ran his in 1 hour and 58 minutes! I'm pretty sure even though he said he was not going to do any more half marathons, that he is a liar and will always run with his princess to make sure she is safe! :-)
Awesome people!
My friend Rebecca got me this shirt...it's like the Chavez children motto "This isn't sweat, it's liquid AWESOME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment