His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, September 23, 2011

Randomness

I feel the need to blog, but have not downloaded recent pictures, so here is what we have. Random thoughts...

I love Saturdays and Sundays in the fall because of football. I like watching the games and getting excited and watching Greg and Maria respond to their crazed mother jumping around and cheering as if I am 20 years old and in the student section of Jordan Hare Stadium in Auburn. And I live for moments like the one captured below:
Greg does not sit and cuddle often...and by often, I mean extremely RARE! This little man is on the move always, but when he stops enough to lay on me...I soak each second up! I hope he always stops to love on me...even when he is 30. He may not need the security of Mommy being right there, but I will always welcome his hugs and cuddles with open arms and treasure each moment of it because I NEED these moments!

And then there is this girl:
Her smile has stolen my heart. She SMILES all of the time! She is the giggliest, smiliest baby ever! It does not take much to make her laugh or smile! This excited smile greets me after each nap and hundreds of other times throughout the day! It melts my heart, and each smile makes my own face light up with delight. I know one day these smiles will change to her rolling her eyes when she sees me...so I will treasure each one and store it away to remember for when her eyes do start rolling at me! (If she is anything like me...this could begin around middle school.)

And this man...he is great!
(Please note: there is no beer in the bottle...Maria is teething terribly and will chew on anything these days!)
I have loved watching Greg become such a wonderful Daddy. He impresses me each day with the sacrifices he makes for all of us daily. Nothing is greater than the excitement Greg and Maria have each afternoon Greg wakes up and walks down the stairs. Priceless.

And Big Brother is really taking on more responsibility!
Although these moments are not regular, every now and then Greg likes to feed Maria or hold her in his arms! He ALWAYS loves to have her in the playroom with him...he does not always share or play nice...but baby steps, right? I mean I did spring this baby sister thing on him rather suddenly! He loves to help me by throwing Maria's bottles in the sink, handing me wipes during diaper changes, and making sure that Maria knows she is not allowed by the fireplace or to pull on my curtains! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment