His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

No More Babies: Potty Training (Day 2)

Oh, Potty Training...I am TIRED!

Short post and update on the big boy!

Today was crazy. Greg's excitement about the potty and peeing in the potty went to defiance and testing boundaries! AH! I was EXTREMELY grateful that every time he had to poop he did so in the potty! YAY! Pee on the other hand was quite the challenge. This morning he only had two accidents, but after nap time, I think he only peed in the potty 3 times....and had several accidents. Looking back on the day, I drew some conclusions.
1. Most of the accidents occurred when he kept telling me no he did not have to go because he thought he was going to miss out on something. No matter how many times I promised we would come back to the activity, it was a fight to get to the potty. He would do a tiny bit on the potty, say done, and then finish peeing once he got back!
2. He is still very motivated by the reward of an M&M. Many times he would pee just enough to get an M&M, but not enough to empty his bladder. Tomorrow we are going to work on getting all the pee out before getting our M&M!
3. He was testing boundaries like no other today. He fought me going to the potty many times. He would keep saying no any time I asked him. This was just crazy to me since yesterday evening he was telling me when he had to go!
4. After talking to Ronda I feel better. She teaches preschool and works in helping parents potty train their kids. She told me Greg's defiant behavior was normal and he was testing his boundaries. She said a lot of kids going through a big change like potty training will have a rougher time on day 2 of things!

And so we continue...and we hope and pray for an easier day tomorrow! I never knew how draining being so positive could be! We handle every accident with a smile and calm words of encouragement...when really all you want to do is scream! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment