His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

No ER...but...

...this happened last week. Coffee table...meet Greg's eye!
Seriously! This is how swollen it got just seconds after he nailed the coffee table. He was not running. He was not going crazy. He was seriously 3 inches away from table and fell into it, hitting the bone above his eye oh so perfectly!
See the bruise already forming seconds after the fall? I really thought I was going to be going to the ER (on a day that I had not showered and was still in my pajamas). I decided to call the pediatrician instead, and they assured me that the immense swelling and quick bruising was normal for the head. She said to take him to the ER if he showed signs of a concussion or was vomiting. Thank the Lord these things did not happen!

He is doing better. The next day the swelling was just slightly noticeable. Currently it looks as if he is wearing purple eyeshadow on his eyelid that fades into a lovely green yellow as it moves toward the brow.

1 comment:

  1. Aw poor little Greg! I'm glad you didn't have to take another trip to the ER!

    ReplyDelete