His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Batting 0 for 2 today!

It's true that there is never a dull moment in our house...ever! Let me explain...

This morning I grabbed Maria from her crib around 8, checked on Greg who was still sleeping, and proceeded to take Maria down stairs. Maria and I had breakfast, changed her diaper, and got her ready for the day. As we sat down to play, I heard Greg calling me...it was 8:40! Woohoo...he slept in, and I had felt like I had had such a great little morning with Maria! He called me again, "Mommy, I poop." Nothing out of the normal, he has done this many times before when waking up from a nap of from the night. It's nice he can express these things! And then I went up stairs...

You will not see any pictures of this event for obvious reasons...I would have taken pictures, but was so disgusted to do anything but clean Greg up.

Upon arriving upstairs to Greg's room, he holds out his poop covered hands. Gross. Nasty. Good morning Mom. As I got closer, I realized that poop was on his hands and face, and by face I mean mouth. UGHHHH! Seriously? Who wants to start the morning off like this?

So off we went to the bathroom to wash our hands and face and mouth. As I went into his room to examine the damage I saw little poop handprints all over his side rail....so gross. Poop on the side rail. Poop on the headboard. Poop on the foot board. Poop on the sheets. Poop on the comforter. So after stripping the bed and sterilizing Greg's room we began our day.

9 AM. Kids -1, Mommy - 0.

As I was making dinner, Maria started climbing up the chair to try and reach her booster seat. The chair came crashing down on her. Screaming. Running. Chaos. And this was the result.
Although this picture does not quite capture the severity of her bump, you can see it. It's that purple round bump on her head. If you look closely you can see another one on the right side of her head. Lovely.

They win today. Kids -2, Mommy-0.

2 comments:

  1. aww bummer morning, i'm just waiting for the poop incident to happen!...but this post made me laugh...hope today you're battting at least 1 for 2 :)

    ReplyDelete