His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

No More Babies: Potty Training (Day 1)

For reals! Potty Training! AHHHH!

I am so proud of Greg! He made it through Day One of potty training! He was awesome!

I gave Greg a small pile of diapers this morning, and told him that he was a big boy and got to wear big boy underwear from now on. I showed him a pair, and he got pretty excited. I told him that he needed to give his diapers to Maria. He said, no. I said, "oh no, then we can't wear big boy underwear." He walked over to Maria, but looked at me and said, "Scout needs diaper." He then passed his diapers on to Scout (his stuffed animal). Bottom line: he passed the diapers along!

Before nap time at 12:45, Greg only had 4 accidents! YAY! He would always tell me when he had peed, and we just kept the positive encouragement and words coming at him! Starting around 11 I took him to the potty every 15 minutes, instead of every 25-30 and this helped tremendously, and he was accident free until nap time! It was hard for me to get Greg to stop playing or running around to come to the potty that often...so I bribed him with an M&M and it worked. He also got an M&M when he went in the potty!

After nap time and until bed time we only had 1 accident! WOOHOO! It happened after he woke up from his nap. We went to the potty, and he peed, but it was as if he didn't get it all out, because about 3 minutes later he peed on my carpet! I continued to take him every 15 minutes until 4ish, and then we took him every 30 minutes. He was with my mom this afternoon, and she said that by 5ish, he was telling her if he needed to go and he even pooped on the potty! YAY! With the combination of taking him every 30 minutes, and him telling us when he needed to go, we were accident free all evening!

We are using Pull-Ups at night and for naps until he wakes up consistently with dry ones! This afternoon he really did not have much pee in his Pull-Up, so I am hoping that the nap time Pull-Up will be gone with soon. I am making sure to get Greg as soon as he wakes us (instead of letting him play a little) so as to get him on the potty ASAP!

YAY! BIG BOY! (For reals...this boy is skinny! His underwear barely stays up!)

Bottom shot! :-)

We are so incredibly proud of Greg! Stay tuned for Day 2 tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment