His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pray without Ceasing!

Pray without ceasing! In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

This Bible verse was first brought to my attention in college. My roommate, Mandi, LOVED this scripture verse. We made canvas paintings for our rooms one day, and she used this scripture on hers. From that moment, it has always been a verse I look back on and remember when I need to pray for something particularly difficult.

For the past few months, I have been praying for a very close friend and her baby boy. Her baby boy had many problems developing in the womb...but the love and strength my friend had for this baby was absolutely amazing. There is no doubt that little Oliver was one blessed baby boy with two amazing faith filled parents!

In praying for little Oliver and his family, this verse from Thessalonians kept repeating itself over and over in my head. PRAY WITHOUT CEASING!! God hears our prayers and wants to know the desires of our hearts. How can he, if we are not consistent in explaining these desires to him?? This little boy changed my life in the way that I pray! As I have prayed for him, I have been taught a different kind of prayer routine...one that is steadfast, and does not give up. I give thanks for each blessing in my life daily now. "In all circumstances give thanks!" I know I did not previously do this enough. It seemed to be more about me and my wants, not about praising God and thanking him for my blessings! Thank you, Oliver, for teaching me to be a better prayer warrior for your parents, and for all those I lift up in prayer each day.

Little Oliver is now in Heaven after 20 weeks of being carried around by his Mommy. Please offer up your prayers for his family as they continue to need strength in losing such a precious blessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment