His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Highlands Festival

So if you didn't know this about me and my family...get ready! We are really into our Scott-Irish heritage. Every year Estes Park, CO is home to the 2nd largest (in the world) Irish Festival. We dress up in our Clan colors (Yay Clan Gordon!) and we head out for the parade and day of festival activities of shopping, watching jousting, competitions, Irish dancing, and beer drinking! It's a lot of fun...totally worth the 600 dollars to fly out for 4 1/2 days! This was the kiddos first Scott-Irish Festival and they had a blast, too! 
 Eryn and I gearing up for the parade! 
 Maria ready to catch some candy! Both of my kids are parade experts after their trip to New Orleans for Mardi Gras! 
 Maria was loving her some GAR this trip! 
 Boo and Grammy getting ready for the parade! 
 Just waiting...
 Heather and Jonathan were there, too! 
 Great Pap and his sweet babies! 
 Happy boy in wagon! 
 Grandma and me! 
 Ronda and her favorite niece! 
 Clan Gordon in the parade! 
 Maria was kind of over the parade! 
 Eryn and a sleeping Maria! 
 Heather and Maria
Festival Time! 

We had so much fun celebrating our Irish heritage. It was great to see Jonathan since I won't see him again until after he comes home from his deployment. I am kind of mad that I forgot to get a picture of us together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment