His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, October 29, 2012

30 by 30!

Well...it's time...30 is just around the corner for me...okay...4 years away! My friend Elizabeth did a mini bucket list...30 by 30...goals and things to accomplish by the time she turned 30! I loved this idea, and about a month ago decided to make my own list. In true Alyshia blogging fashion...I am just now getting around to writing the list down. 

You probably will not hear about this list again for another two years at the half way point, and then again when I turn the BIG 3-0! It was so much fun to read E's blog when she turned 30, and see how she has accomplished the goals and fun things she had set out to do. 

Some of the things on my list are for fun, some to grow spiritually, and some things I have just always wanted to do, but have lacked the motivation to get started. So...here's the list...in no particular order: 

1. Run the Disney Princess Half Marathon - this is mainly to have an excuse to buy cute exercise clothes and look like Belle while running with thousands of the other women dressed up like princesses
2. Travel to Europe again - I have already been to Spain, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein...I'm thinking Ireland/Scotland next! 
3. Go to an Auburn home game with hubby and the kiddos - tickets are expensive, and this is the excuse I have always used for this fun adventure
4. Be debt free with the exception of our house mortgage - we really don't have much debt because neither Greg or I believe in credit cards...but it's about trying to put additional money each month on one of the things we are trying to pay off!
5. Go wine tasting at a vineyard-I love wine and have never been to a vineyard. Accepting applicants to come with me since my hubby does not drink wine! 
6. Hike a fourteener - I'm from Colorado. I love the mountains. I like hiking. 14,000 feet is kind of intense, and I figured I probably need to accomplish this while I am young. Longs Peak in Estes Park, here I come! 
7. Go skiing-having lived in CO for 6 years, and having traveled back 2-4 times each year for the last 20 years, it is truly sad that I have only been skiing once. 
8. Go to Las Vegas - I may have a thing for some roulette, and this seems like a place to go before one gets too old! :-) 
9. Earn a Bachelor's at Taco Mac's Brewniversity - that's drinking 125 different beers there in the next 4 years...and CHEERS! 
10. Join a gym and go at least 3 times a week - something to keep all that beer off :-) 
11. Go to a sip and stroke glass - glass of wine, painting, friends...sounds like a fun time! 
12. Take a family vacation to the beach - the four of us have never been together
13. Go to a Steelers game - I have done this...about right after I made my list! 
14. Be completely up to date on Greg and Maria's baby book - this is the project that never stops and I am way far behind in it
15. Become an Auburn season ticket holder - maybe I will win the lottery in the next 4 years? 
16. Buy a new house - really crossing my fingers for that lottery win! 
17. Make a turkey for a holiday - I feel like this is a very grown up thing to do
18. Run the Strawberry Days 5k in Glenwood Springs, CO
19. Celebrate Mass in my car (while I'm driving somewhere) - You can celebrate Mass ANYWHERE...I think I have a willing priest...
20. Get a spiritual director - I actually have done this...I made this list a month ago, remember? 
21. Go to Confession monthly-I think this is a good habit to form
22. Do a mud run or color run
23. Send both kids to Catholic School - donations appreciated :-) 
24. Buy a new couch - ours is my in-laws and it is old and has gone through two babies and two toddlers and a new one would be great! 
25. Read one catechetical/theological/spiritual book every two months - suggestions welcomed
26. Go to a daily Mass once a week consistently for at least 2 years
27. Go on a Mission Trip 
28. Learn to make my mom's chicken bombers and chicken noodle corn soup
29. Learn to drive a stick shift
30. Pilgrimage to Rome/Vatican City-Fr. Josh, are you reading this?? HINT HINT! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS :)

    And since some of my 30 x 30 that didn't get finished...I am glad to help you with any of yours, namely, beer drinking, skiing, and trips to Colorado (on our short list of trips after NYC and Italy).

    ReplyDelete