His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, January 23, 2012

He's Lucky He's Cute!

This little cutie gives me a run for my money!
Last night, I laid Greg in his room to go to bed. After his normal 15-20 minutes of reading and playing in bed, he began to settle down. He was REALLY restless getting to sleep. Finally at 8:45, nearly 30 minutes past his normal bed time, I hear, "Mommy!" Great. I had just come back from weekend number 2 on retreat and really just wanted to go to bed early. I pretended I was asleep. This tactic usually works. He was persistent. "Mommy, Mom, Elmo, Oh no!"

So down the hall I went to make sure Greg and Elmo were okay, and to tuck them both into bed...again. As I approached his door Greg looked shiny. Oh no? Is he sweating? Fever? Vomit? He held out Elmo who is covered in something...I assume vomit. LOVELY! And then I got closer. Greg and Elmo were covered in A&D ointment. How did this happen? I flashback in my brain, remembering Maria taking it into Greg's room while I got Greg out of the tub. Clearly it was left there and not in a place I would see when walking in and out of his room for bed time. Good job, Mom. An entire just opened tube....EVERYWHERE!

So off we went to the bathroom. It took me three washcloths to get the GREASY ointment off of Greg's hands, face, and hair. I tossed his jammies in the hamper and dressed him in new ones. He told me thanks while I was doing this. I checked Greg's mouth to see if he ate any...well ate a lot because I know he probably had some. I then went to inspect his bed. Elmo was already waiting in the hallway. I also had to take out a pillow pet with a little A&D on him, Maria's Elmo that Greg also has to sleep with, a truck, and some train cars. I laid Greg back down and kissed him goodnight. As I shut the gate, I realized the entire gate was covered in A&D. Gross. (I also have found some on his crib and on Maria's door since the incident) By the time I dropped the toys off in my bathroom, and looked in the monitor he was out.

I talked to GAR on the phone and told her this crazy story. She asked if I called Poison Control. Um, no. I hadn't, but I guess I should. PC told me I had nothing to worry about...just expect some greasy loose stools tomorrow (they were right....Gross!). Maybe I lied to the man, and told him Greg broke into his closet and got it out. Unreliable childproof knobs was my story line...I was in no mood to be judged.
Elmo and company? Well the trains and truck were easy to clean. The pillow pet and both Elmo's were thrown into the washer in pillowcases. They were then scrubbed with dish soap. Pillow pet was saved. Elmos not so much luck! The grease was not coming out. Greg woke up asking for Elmo, and Grammy came to the rescue today with two new Elmos to replace greased Elmos. I cannot get the smell of A&D out of my nose...although my hands have been super soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment