His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011: Twas' the Night before...

I just love Christmas Eve! The day was spent visiting with my family from Colorado, visiting Greg's family, Mass, and gearing up for Jesus' Birthday Celebration and Santa Claus!
Unfortunately, my hubby got sick! He got a terrible migraine while we were at his parents' house that morning. When the kids went down for the naps, I drove Greg home where he spent the rest of his day sleeping in our closet since it was the darkest room large enough to hold him. Poor guy. He was so upset to miss Christmas Eve because he only gets to spend Christmas Eve with us if it falls on a Saturday...so basically once every 7 years.
After I drove Greg home, I went back to the Koerners' and picked up the kids and we headed to my mom and dad's house. This year my Grandma, Pap, and Great Grandma came to celebrate with us. For as long as I can remember, we have always held fast to the Italian tradition of spaghetti for Christmas Eve dinner, and my Pap's homemade sauce and meatballs were DELICIOUS! :-) We hung out with them until Mass. I LOVE Christmas Eve Mass. I love the music, the readings, everything! Both of the kids were in the nursery the entire Mass (usually I get them to come to Communion with us so that they receive a blessing) since I had to get Communion for Greg at the end of Mass. It was a beautiful Mass, and even more beautiful since I got to celebrate Mass with my Grandma and Pap!
Greg, Maria, and I headed home after Mass and got ready for bed. And then Santa came...
Our stockings were overflowing...we must have all been VERY good!
We didn't put out all the presents, just the ones from Mommy, Daddy, and Santa. We piled the rest of the presents for all of our families in the car, so that we were ready to go in the morning to visit all of our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment