His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, March 4, 2011

Boys will be boys...

...isn't that the truth!! Greg certainly has had his fair share of bumps, cuts, and bruises in his short 17 months of living! He is ALL boy, perpetual motion...he does not sit...EVER! But, I love this. I would not change this for anything. He is so curious about everything, constantly exploring his world as he destroys mine! HA! He is so smart and picks up on everything that Greg and I do in our daily activities. Recently, Greg is enjoying jumping on the couch and jumping from the end table onto the couch or from the couch to the floor. He falls running around the house or while he's outside. He scrapes his knuckles and hands because he is too busy to let go of the rocks and sticks he has collected. It would be a sin to let them drop, so his fists stay clenched as he trips! He keeps me on my toes...and I may one day have a heart attack for real, but for now...I take it all in! This curiosity amazes me and I would not want to stifle it in any way because I see how much he learns as he explores. He certainly hears the word "no" a lot...but more for safety reasons...like when he walks down the stairs like he is a grown up or when he runs out in the middle of the street or beats up his sister! :-) His adventurous personality is adorable and I certainly LOVE watching him discover new things each day that he is able to do! My big boy has stolen my heart...even when he destroys my house, pots, tupperware, DVDs, and other things he is trying to figure out!
Playing inside the toybox is a lot of fun!
This is my face the day after I slid on it at the park. It's hard to catch yourself when you have rocks and sticks in your hands!
Play-Doh!
Trying it on for size...someday...sooner before we know, I'm sure!
Sometimes he likes to dress like an old English man while he plays!
Painting in the tub can be fun!
He is so sweet to take time from his business at the park to help push his sister!
His latest trick...yep, turing on and off anything with a switch! AWESOME!

But at then end of the day...my sweet boy always finds time to calm himself and let me love him. It's not often, but throughout the day he likes to take about 5 seconds to soak life in and relax.

Chilling in the carseat!
He decided he wanted to be like Maria and take a little rest in the swing!
My sweet baby boy loving on Maria's doll!
AND...sometimes we just crash from all of our running around!

No comments:

Post a Comment