His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Tiny Dancer

No lie...since the day Maria was born I may have been counting down until she was 3 year old...why, you ask? 

Ballet.  

As the fall progressed, Maria showed an interest in dancing. She would dance, sway her arms, point her toes, and glide (sometimes not so gracefully) across the family room floor. She was ready. January could not come soon enough! 

And yesterday, Maria attended her first ballet class. Leading up to the class was just as exciting. Last week, I took Maria to register at Buford School of Ballet. I fell in love with the studio and the director. Maria cried as we walked away after registering as she had not gotten the chance to dance. A few days later we headed to the store to buy her shoes, leotard, and tights. I had so much fun on this little outing with her! She was beaming the entire time we tried on shoes and leotards! Again, as we left she cried at the disappointment that ballet class was not that day.  

Such a pretty girl in her leotard!! 

THE BUN!!! 

Ready to go and dance!! 

Strike a pose! 
 I honestly had WAY too much fun getting her ready! I even put hairspray in her hair...true story! She was excited. I was excited. And off we headed to the studio!! 

Here are some of the photos I took through the glass door of her studio room! 







She had a wonderful experience and cannot wait to go again next week. It was such a great transition for her, as her dance teacher is also her preschool teacher at Prince of Peace. The familiar face helped tremendously as we started this new activity!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment