His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Bump Watch: 36 weeks

This was taken last week sometime.

How far along? 36 weeks...4 weeks left...3 if Josh is like Greg and Maria...18 days if my Mom's predication of February 5 is correct!
How big is baby? 19 to 22 inches long, 6.5 lbs (about the size of a watermelon)
Total weight gain? 28 pounds (pretty much on target with what I gained with Greg and Maria)
Maternity clothes? I have bought one thing maternity this pregnancy (please note-I did not have anything maternity prior to this pregnancy!) I only bought a pair of jeans because the kids' preschool called and needed an emergency sub and I was in my pajamas. The bella band has been my best friend...and yoga pants.
Stretch Marks? I have never gotten these with any of my pregnancies. Praise the Lord!
Belly button? My friend Elizabeth put this perfectly...it looks like the butt-end of a hotdog. Yes...gross, yet perfectly described!
Exercise: I was really great about this for the first 21 weeks...going to the gym to run or take a class. Around 20 weeks, I started some great BeachBody workouts (ChaLEAN Extreame). The last 10 weeks have been hard...I do light walking and stretching and some thigh toning workouts...I'm not really sure what happened to my motivation to work out. Time was a big factor and the fact that 5 pm hits and I'm pretty much miserable for the day. First it was nausea and now it's terrible Braxton Hicks and Josh moves completely to the front of my tummy and I'm just in a lot of pain. Working on making more time to get a good work out in...Greg has been super supportive in seeing I get some "me" time each day.
Sleep: In a word...sucks! Falling asleep is normally not a problem...and then I wake up to pee around 2:30/3:00 and one of two things happens....insomnia ensues and I am awake until 5:30/6 (which give me maybe 30 minutes to sleep) or I toss and turn miserably for the remainder of the night.
Movement: ALL THE TIME! HA! He is so active and since room is getting tight in there, I constantly feel slow jabs and rolls across my belly! But I love it!
Food cravings/aversions: no cravings. I pretty much have been able to do most foods this whole pregnancy. No big issues in this department. I usually want something salty or sweet at the end of the day! I have not been a huge fan of meat this go around...which has worked out since my husband is vegan. Also, I hate, HATE, going to the grocery store. Greg has been awesome and has pretty much taken my list and gone every week for us.
What I miss? comfy sleep. I don't need to sleep in or not wake up in the middle of the night...I just want to be comfortable, again!
What I'm looking forward to? Getting the baby out....I have definitely reached the "I'm done stage" haha!
Milestones? I cannot see my feet anymore...and my belly finally sticks out further than my boobs.
Say What? Oh people...all of the comments I get are pretty much the same. "You're so tiny for 4 weeks left." (Yes, but I still feel like a house.) "Wow...you must have tiny babies...lucky you." (False: Greg was 7lbs 1 oz and Maria was 8 lbs 3 oz)
Sweet moments: I love my evening prayer routine with Greg and Maria. We say our prayer, offer up intentions, sing the Hail Mary...and then they take turns loving all over Josh...trying to get him to move and just lots of belly hugs and kisses!
Make room for baby: YES....about that...we are in the process of gearing up to sell our house...so I feel unprepared! I feel like, "oh, I should buy some things for this little man." He has a crib, I'm his food source, we have a few boxes of diapers...so necessity wise we are set....but I really do need to get on purchasing some things!
Compared to Greg and Maria? I feel like I have been a lot more emotional this pregnancy! I am exhausted by the end of the day and usually feel like crap. My Braxton Hicks are extremely painful and I didn't have these at all with the other two. Really, though, I cannot complain...all three pregnancies have been relatively easy and uncomplicated!

1 comment:

  1. Love! Little Josh is going to be here before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete