His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, November 14, 2011

Surprise, Eryn and Mark!

At the beginning of the month, the kids and I ventured out to Colorado to surprise my cousins, Eryn and Mark! It was awesome! Eryn's 16th birthday was the 5th and Mark turned 15 on the 12th! It is crazy how old they are now....I guess that means I'm getting old, too?!

My Grandma and Pap picked us up from the airport and drove us down to Ronda's (GARs)! Grandma walked in first, and I could hear Eryn ask her what she was doing there. Grandma just replied that her and Pap were invited for dinner. Eryn continued to talk with Jenni, Savannah, Ronda, and Ed...and in I walked! She looked at me quickly, and then continued talking. I looked at Jenni, and said, "did she not see me?" Eryn looked back over, screamed, threw the stuff she had in her hands, and ran to me! It was AWESOME! She had no idea, and it was a wonderful surprise!

Mark was at football when I came, so I surprised him when Eryn and I picked him up from football practice! I crouched down in the front seat and put my jacket over me. Mark saw the jacket and thought I was his Aunt Jenni since we have similar jackets. When he opened the door, I popped up and said hey! He jumped back and screamed, "Oh My Gosh! Alyshia, what are you doing here?!" Again...AWESOME!

It was so much fun visiting with everyone and sharing in celebrating Eryn's 16th birthday! I have never been able to celebrate any of their birthdays with them, so it was great to be at her party and go out to dinner with the family to celebrate! Not to mention...I got to hit up my favorite two restaurants in the world that we do not have in Atlanta...The Armadillo and Noodles!! YUM!

GAR took off work while I was there so it was so much fun to spend time with her just being lazy and hanging out! It is always nice to spend time with my Grandma and Pap and Great Grandma, and I am so glad that my little ones were able to spend time with all of these people, too!
Ready for the plane ride!
Time for take off!!
Both kids did AMAZING on the plane! They are great travelers in the car and in the air!! YAY!
It was 30 degrees and there were 6 inches of snow on the ground when we landed! We had to get bundled up before going outside to the parking deck!
Bundled up Baby Greg!
Smiles!
Walking through the snow with Eryn and Great Pap!
He had a BLAST playing in the snow while we watched Mark's football game!
Mark looked so grown up playing football, and their team won; beating an undefeated team! I guess I was good luck! :-)
Greg may or may not have run on to the football field during the game!
Checking things out with Eryn! Greg ate a lot of snow this day!
:-) 'Sup!?
Maria and Great Grandma!
Greg liked to play with all of GAR's cups!
Great Pap and Great Grandma!
Piano time! Both of the kids were obsessed.
Eating sopapillas at The Armadillo.
(Please note: GAR does not were florescent purple eye shadow! The light was reflecting from the window.)
We even had a great visit from Great Aunt Shelly!! It was so great catching up with Shelly and hanging out with her! We missed you, Great Uncle Porter!
Diaper bags are fun!
Night stick = cool stuff!
Great and Grand Ed with Greg!
Great Great Grandma and Maria!
Great Pap and Maria!
Great Grandma and blurry Greg!
Snuggled up on the couch!

It was such a wonderful visit! I wish all of my family lived closer, but it was great to be with all of them! I am kind of sad I didn't get more pictures with Mark, Eryn, and Dillon! Each time I leave my family, it breaks my heart and lots of tears are shed! Colorado is forever my home, but it is nice to be back into our routine here in GA!

No comments:

Post a Comment