His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Over it...

COMPLETELY over these storms! Since I have been a little girl, I have hated storms. I dislike the feeling of not being in control, and let's be real...I may be able to control a lot of things in my life...but not the weather! As a child I would lie awake terrified. As I got older I lied awake terrified and glued to the TV. And now, I lie awake terrified, watching TV, and praying my kiddos sleep through the craziness. So needless to say, I am currently awake, terrified, watching, and praying....and will be until about 2 am! AWESOME!

Really this fear is crazy, but something that runs so deeply inside of me...pretty much unexplainable. Nobody really gets it...and I'm okay with that...it's just part of who I am. My heart and prayers go out to those already affected by these storms. I pray for the safety of my family and all those in the path of this storm. With Greg working at night, I get super scared at night with these storms...solution? Off to mom and dads! I packed the kiddos up and we are having a slumber party at Grammy and Papa's tonight. This makes me feel a tad bit better, but really I'm still terrified. However, there is just something about having my Daddy around that makes me feel safe! :-)

Continued prayers for all those affected by these storms across the south! Jesus, I trust in you! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment