His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Big Boy Transition!

Adios Crib!!!

We have moved into the toddler bed! It's been a week, and pretty successful! I still rock Greg to sleep...I know, I know...new mommy mistake numero uno! I lay him down and he does GREAT! I put all of his Little People toys in his room. Why? To buy Mommy some extra time in the morning! This has not worked out as planned! We bought a gate to keep him contained, and this little guy HATES to be contained! He wakes up...sees he is gated in...runs to the gate, shakes the gate, and let's me know he is ready to get out. When he sees me he runs back to his bed or wants to play with his toys with me in the room with him...with the gate opened! :-) The same goes for nap time. Over the course of the week, he has gotten a little bit better with playing after naptime for a little bit! Hopefully, he will catch on soon!

BIG BOY!!!
\
Some of his Little People toys for entertainment!
A picture of him sleeping! I wanted to capture his first night in the bed, but did not want to risk waking him up so I took a picture of him from the video monitor! ;-)

I just can't believe how fast he is growing up! He is so sweet and I am so proud of him! He amazes me every day!

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad about rocking him if he needs/likes to be rocked. I still rock Carson, and he is older than Greg. It drives me crazy when people give birth and instantly expect their baby to be independent, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimberly! :-) Greg loves it! Maria on the other hand is miss
    independent and won't let me hold her at alll for naptime or bedtime. She really loves her alone time! Hope all is well with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete