His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Life with 2! :-)

Thus far things have been going great! We are certainly settling into our family of four. Maria is already 2 weeks old...seriously, where did 2 weeks go? So how have things been going?? Here's what's been going on:

Baby Greg is getting used to the idea of taking on the role of big brother. Let's be real...there was no prep I could have done in telling him he was going to be a big brother and have to share his mommy's attention...he was just too little to grasp this concept. He has done great, though! The first few days were rough...especially for me! He would not look at me, talk to me, hug me...nothing! He was clearly very upset that I brought this other baby into the house! After a few days of that, he decided he was going to like me again! For the first week, he was much more sensitive about life, in general. He would get angry if it was HIS naptime or HIS meal time and I was giving attention to Maria. He would come up and grab my legs and push me away from Maria or pull on me until I picked him up! This was not so much fun for either of us. It was so hard to hear one of them cry because my attention was on the other one...but we are working on it, and things have gotten better! Greg is doing great with his baby sister this week! He gives her kisses ALL OF THE TIME! Melts my heart!!!! He loves to look at her and shows concern when he hears her cry. He always stops by the pack n play to check on her while he is busy playing! The other day I was burping her and he grabbed her under the arms and plopped Maria right in his lap to hold her. He sat there for about 10 minutes just holding her, smelling her feet and hands, and giving her LOTS of kisses! It was so very sweet! He still is acting out a little bit when I am nursing her by doing things he knows he should not be doing (grabbing the fireplace tools, taking down picture frames, etc). He is very smart and knows that there is not a whole lot I can do but yell at him from wherever I am sitting! He is being such a sweetie, and I have loved watching him interact with Maria!

Maria is a champion sleeper. She must get this from her Dad (Greg can sleep anywhere and through anything!)! She goes down after her last feeding and is out by 10:15 and does not wake up until about 3:15. She eats and is out again by 4, and sleeps again until 9/10! God must have known that I needed a good sleeper since my sweet boy is non stop all day long!! :-) She still naps a lot during the day, too, which is good, since it gives me time to sit and play with Greg! She is also a pretty good eater. She has a little bit of reflux like Greg did, but nothing to be too worried about at this point! She has such a sweet disposition, and has been a very easy baby (just like her brother!). She rarely cries. We have only heard her full out cry when she has been hungry. She eats every 2 hours during the day, and likes her food source ready in a timely manner! I am totally fine feeding her this often during the day since she sleeps through the night!

Mommy and Daddy are doing great too! We have loved sharing our lives with these two wonderful children! We count our blessings each day and we are so blessed to have these two little ones! I am still recovering from breaking my tailbone during labor, but other than that...we are all well! My mom has been a HUGE help! She took two weeks off of school. She comes over every day for a few hours to help out! It has been great, especially as I figure out how to mesh schedules together! Having her there to rock Greg for at least one nap, and even some bedtimes has been a HUGE help to me. The longer I sit on my tailbone the more painful it becomes! Again...so blessed to have her to help me out!

I am not on my computer right now so I cannot post pictures at this point! I will get pictures up tomorrow of the kiddos from the last week or so! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Love Love Love! I can't wait to meet precious Maria. What a blessing it is for her to be such a good sleeper. Hope you're doing well and getting a little rest for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete