His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Announcing the arrival of...

Maria Grace!!

We are so very excited to finally welcome our sweet baby girl to the world! She was born on January 6 (the Epiphany!) at 2:15pm. She weighed in at 8 pounds, 3 ounces! (1 pound, 2 ounces more than Greg!) She was 21 inches long. (The exact same as her big brother!) Here are some pictures from her special birthday!
Hello world!
Getting so fresh and so clean...
Trying to get warm again!
Mom and Maria...Mom looks gross!
Baby Greg meets Baby Maria. Maria made him a bear...he was not a fan of bear or new baby!
Greg smells Maria...he thought she was poo stinky!
Papa and his new princess? HAHA...yeah...right!
Nannie and Pappy with Greg and Maria
Greg gives Maria a kiss! SO sweet!
Grammy and her little peanut!
mini-yawn!
Uncle Jonathan/Godfather passing on words of wisdom!
Family shot!
Heather/Godmommy and Maria
She looks like her Mommy!

We came home the next evening and have LOVED having her home. My labor with Maria was much longer than with Greg. (A total of 16 hours verses 6 hours...not fun!) The highlights of labor: went to hospital around 11 pm Wednesday night. Walked the halls trying to get my contractions stronger until 2 with breaks in between to get my vitals and Maria's vitals checked. Rocked in a rocking chair all hooked up until 6. Got petocin drip at 7. Water broke at 1230. Contractions got super strong. I asked for epidural around 1. Epidural complete at 2. I started to push at 2:05 (epidural got to my calves before I delivered Maria...so I guess it was a natural birth! :-) ) Overall, it was not too terrible!!

We are getting settled into our routine and loving life with the two of our sweet babies!!

6 comments:

  1. She is beautiful, just like her mommy! I'm SO happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations Alyshia! she is such a beautiful little baby, best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! She's precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all of you! She's beautiful and I can't wait to meet her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, precious, gorgeous, etc, etc - and I'm talking about both of you ;) She will grow on baby Greg and soon they will be BFF's. Great job on the delivery!

    ReplyDelete