His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Friday, April 12, 2013

Lion Pride

Yesterday, I was thinking about going to the next Pius school wide Mass, so I hopped online to see when it was...turns out it was the next day...today! So, I tweeted Fr. Michael to get the scoop on the time. I was excited to take the kids to Pius, and to share in the Eucharistic Celebration at my Alma Mater! 

The last time I had been to Pius, I was pregnant with Maria...so it had been a while. I have a handful of teens from Saint Brigid who go to Pius, so I was excited to see them, too! 

Pius is family. 

I walked into the school and was overwhelmed with love. It was amazing to see how excited the teens were to see me there! It really is the little things that matter most in ministry. Before Mass, I spoke with Bonnie, my drama director for a while. I have so many wonderful memories of musicals and plays and she was one person I spent A LOT of time with at Pius with rehearsals two days a week after school and ALL day Saturdays...it was great to catch up with her. After Mass, I was so touched by all of the teachers who came up to hug me, meet Greg and Maria, and just chat for a few moments. I wish I could have spent more time catching up with all of them! It really meant so much to me, and really reminded me of the wonderful community that Pius was and continues to be in my life. 

I don't think I could have picked a more perfect Mass to go today. Fr. Michael gave an amazing homily, I received the Eucharist from Msgr. Lopez and he blessed my little ones, and after Mass there was a special presentation honoring Msgr. Lopez for his 40 years serving as a Priest! 33 of those years he has been teaching at Pius. I cannot sing the praises of this man enough. He is the most inspiring and humble teacher I have ever had. He is funny, loving, and cares so much about teenagers and their faith journey. Every note from every lecture that I had him for I have saved...I go back to these notes often when preparing talks for Life Teen. He was surprised and honored by the presentation and gift (an all expenses paid trip to Rome in October to see a friend ordained)! 

To make this day even better, on our way out, Msgr Lopez was on his way into the main building. It was great to hug him, chat for a little bit, and to watch him interact with my little ones. 

I loved high school, and I loved my years at Pius! Being back there today brought back so many wonderful memories of where I was when I really began to take ownership of my faith. I may look the same (as one of my teens pointed out when I showed him where I was in my class picture), but I love looking back to those years and seeing where God has led me since then. 

Domini Sumus...We are the Lord's. Go Lions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment