His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Monday, April 30, 2012

Pittsburgh: Auburn Reunion

This adorable woman is Natasha. Natasha and I go way back to 2004. We met in college. We got close. We lived together. We know each other well. She has a biting fetish. I am completely cool with it. We once dressed up as Lite Brites for Halloween. True story. 

Natasha lives in Pittsburgh and I am SOOOOO glad that I get to see her when we travel up there. Natasha's hubby, Mr. Brett (I don't really call him Mr.) works as a FOCUS missionary for Pitt. They have two beautiful ladies, Katherine and Audrey. Katherine and Audrey are also 15 months apart although just a smidge younger than Greg and Maria. We have lots to talk about as mommies, wives, and friends. 

But let's be real, our quick get together with 4 kids under the age of 2 1/2 was a little crazy, but I loved it! Greg and Katherine clearly stole the limelight being their awesome (maybe awkward) 2 year old selves! 

Guilty faces! (Greg is so awkward. I need to put him around pretty girls more often)
They loved each other. 
He moves fast. Maria tried to hold him back! 
They did this game of laughing, and throwing themselves backward and forward for like 10 minutes. Why buy toys? 
Maria did not find it quite as amusing after a million times! 
Carpet picnic for lunch! 

Bottom line: I love Natasha and her sweet family. I love that we understand where each of us is in our lives. It is amazing and a true blessing that our friendship can pick up where it left off with each visit or phone call. Sadly, these do not happen as much as we would like, but we understand this and this does not hinder our friendship. 

"A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter; he who finds one finds a treasure. A faithful friend is beyond price, no sum can balance his worth." Sirach 6:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment