His grace is sufficient for me, for power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Happy Advent!

I love Advent. For reals...it's my favorite Liturgical Season! It makes me so happy! I love the hopeful anticipation that this season brings. I love the preparation in my own heart and prayer life. I love sharing this with my children and teaching them about this beautiful time of the year! 
 On the First Sunday of Advent (and the Second Sunday) I made purple pancakes for breakfast! This was so fun for the kids! We talked about hope on the first Sunday, and peace last Sunday! I am super excited for the pink pancakes to come this Sunday! 
 Enjoying his breakfast! 
 We had green milk to represent the evergreen of the Advent Wreath! 
 This is the Advent wreath that Greg made at school! This is the one we have been using each day with Greg and Maria as we pray! 
Coloring angels...
Coloring her pieces...
Glueing our angel together! 
A very serious gluer...
We made angels after we read the story of the Annunciation! We talked about Mary's "yes" and how we are called to say yes to Jesus, too! 

This is the only Advent activity, I actually took pictures of...go figure! Maybe next year, I will document all of the fun things we have been doing! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment